0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Here are 7 helpful strategies that will be sure to increase your amount of followers on Twitter.
- Jazz Up Your Profile– Make your profile and bio section interesting! These play the most important role in bringing in more followers. It is also beneficial to use a real picture of yourself and to use your real name. While funny cartoon pictures or nicknames can be amusing to some, it makes finding out who you really are a little difficult.
- Rock the Bio– Your bio section is one of your more important assets on your page. To really intrigue followers, make sure to use keywords that will signify what you’re likely to tweet about. The keywords can help others find you when they are searching for those specific topics.
- Looks Mean Everything– A page that stands out can attract more followers. By using one of the many default pages that Twitter offers, you can change the design and color of your page to better suit your profile. Another way to make your page stand out would be to add a background image. An image that is eye catching can attract more users to your page.
- All About the Tweets– People follow you on Twitter or any social media sight because they are interested in what you have to say. To gain more followers, being original and letting your personality show through your tweets is essential. It is also important to post regularly. If you wait so long in between tweets, your followers may be less interested and unfollow you.
- Post Compelling Links– Posting links that are related to hashtags or trending topics and a small description of the link can bring in more followers. Just make sure to use the trending keyword(s) or the hashtag symbol # in the tweet.
- Become a Follower Yourself– Following other people on Twitter should be a big part of your strategy to gain more followers. If you are to follow someone, it is most likely that they will follow you back if they like what your profile looks like.
- Participate!– Become a part of the conversation. Tweet what you have to say about the topic and be sure to use keywords and hash tags. If you want to talk to respond to someone specifically, don’t forget to use the @ symbol and then that person’s username. Being an active tweeter on a topic can generate more followers.