If you’re a business owner, you can learn a lot about what your competitor is doing based off their social networking sites. By staying updated on what your competitor is doing, you will be able to find ways to improve your social networking skills and stay competitive in your market. Here are 5 things your competitor can teach you about social networking.
- Update, update, update! To successfully reach your customers, it’s important to stay connected. Businesses that consistently update their social media sites, can engage more people. Try to post each day to remind customers of deals or events going on. This will draw them to your site.
- Who is their target audience? Identify the type(s) of customers your competitor is reaching out to and trying to pull in. After you have identified who they are marketing to and how, you will have an advantage on how you will market to your target audience.
- It’s all about the customer. Social media platforms are a great way for your customers to brag about your business and their experience. They are also useful for responding quickly and efficiently to your customers.
- Are you connected? A big part of being successful through social networking sites, is making sure those sites are connected to your company’s main webpage. If customers have to search and search for your website, and can not go directly to it, they will be less interested. For example, you can add your company’s website link to the end of your Facebook post.
- Know how you rank vs. your competitor. By searching for related businesses that dominate your industry, you can see what it is about their social networking sites that make them so popular. This is a good way to learn about what you can improve on and what makes you stand out from your competitor.